We’re about to head into a new year and many of you are hoping to make 2013 the year where you play the most golf ever and maybe take your game to another level. Awesome and we're really excited for you, but we need to remind you that repetitive stress is one of the major causes of golf related injuries. If you’re planning to ramp up the amount of golf you play we’d really encourage you to start with a fitness program.
MyTPI.com is a great resource for golf fitness videos and for finding a TPI certified professional that can help you. Just use the “Find an Expert” link at MyTPI.com to search for a certified pro in your neighborhood.
We believe the Top 10 ways a Golf Fitness TPI Professional can help you are:
- Assessment – TPI pros can provide you with an assessment of your overall golf fitness.
- Goal setting – TPI pros can help you to set goals and expectations for improving your overall golf fitness based on the feedback from the assessment.
- Golf fitness resource – TPI pros are a great resource for answering your questions about golf fitness
- Golf injury avoidance – TPI pros are experts at understanding the causes of golf injuries and focusing on strength development to reduce the likelihood of repetitive stress related injuries.
- Fitness program development – TPI pros can help you to develop a golf fitness program to accomplish your goals.
- Proper technique – TPI pros can help you to use proper techniques when exercising, to maximize the effectiveness of your workouts, while also avoiding injury.
- Incentive and motivation - TPI pros can provide you with the incentive and motivation to stick to your work outs
- Push your limits - TPI pros can drive you harder than you’d likely be willing to push yourself and help you break through previous ceilings in your development
- Encouragement - TPI pros will provide you with encouragement throughout your development
- Feedback - TPI pros will show you the progress you’ve made throughout your development
We appreciate that not everyone can make the financial investment for an ongoing relationship with a TPI professional. That said, we’d encourage you to consider “jump starting” your golf fitness strategy with professional assistance. Over a few training sessions you’ll derive many of the benefits defined above and periodically you can revisit with your TPI pro for some fine tuning sessions….good luck!